2011年1月6日星期四

So you know when it’s really cold out and you’re too poor

So you know when it’s really cold out and you’re too poor to turn up the heat in your usb mouse pads usb heated mouse pad usb mouse pad warmer apartment, so you just put on layer after layer of thermals and lay in bed under a mountain of blankets? What about when you have work to do via your nifty laptop? The rest of you is toasty warm, but your hands, your formerly warm hands…well, they just turn into icicles, now don’t they? But you have to pay the rent, and that’ll be pretty hard to do once your hands become frostbitten and fall off, so what’s the solution? With USB Heated Gloves (Perpetual Kid, $24.99), you don’t have to worry about losing your most lucrative appendages. These amazing gloves plug right into the USB port of your PC, Mac, Playstation, etc. and instantly warm your frozen hands. You can wear them as mittens or fingerless gloves, so when you’re not typing (or doing anything else that requires you to be very dexterous) you can wear one or both of these gloves as mittens to further insulate that warmth. Made of wool, the gloves themselves are pretty warm, even if not plugged into your computer. The gloves have two heat settings, so if your hands feel like they’re starting to melt, you can tone it down a bit without completely sacrificing your heat. Each glove has an individual USB plug, so if you have a USB port on each side of your laptop, you’re golden. If not, don’t despair because these gloves have a decent cord length. You can get these gloves in men’s or women’s, although they both only come in one size (one size fits most). The only difference between the men’s and women’s appears to be the colors – men’s only comes in a modest grey, while the heated gloves usb warming gloves usb heated mittens fingerless usb gloves women’s is available in blue and pink. To be honest though, I would probably pick the men’s because the women’s are a bit too cutesy for my taste.I seem to write a lot when I am eating, which makes me want to tell you all about the delicious food I am eating. Ready? Go! I am enjoying a nice, warm bowl of french onion soup. Is there much else that tastes better on a cold, wet day? I doubt it. Not to mention it makes my breath smell like an old farm. Love it. Isn’t it just the cheese though that really makes this soup? You can pretty much put cheese on anything and I will eat it with a vengance. Lasagna, pizza, nachos, a tire–you name it. I once did a cleanse when I was working at Starbucks a few years ago and I wasn’t allowed to have any dairy. I was NOT HAPPY. I know now that I can never be vegan…unless I develop a thirst for bludgeoning people out of rage. Wouldn’t that be kind of ironic? Along the lines of keeping warm, I want to show you the absolute ugliest piece of knitwear I have ever seen. It was in my knitting pattern-a-day calendar, and it’s called the “bikini mitten.” What can I say, really? I think this atrocity speaks for itself. Now I mean, I am fairly new to knitting (having learned when I was 15, and then having not knit for a good nine years), but is the knitting world running out of ideas? Clearly, someone is. What purpose does this serve? It’s not going to keep your hands warm, and it doesn’t look nice, so WHY DOES IT EXIST? It’s like they had 364 good patterns and then they just needed that one last pattern, and someone got attacked by a rabid dog or something and thought, “hey, my mittens look like a little bikini now, that is so hot.” I spit on you, bikini mitten. *spits* Now if I show you something THAT ugly, I have to show off something nice. Check out my entrelac scarf! Isn’t it bootiful? It took me a good 20 tries (I kid you not) to actually get the beginning of this damn scarf right, but now I am on my merry little way, and it’s looking like it’s going to be a favourite, you know, when I finally get done. I’m using this really nice Japanese yarn that I am BANANAS over, and it’s making the scarf look really interesting. usb warming mittens usb warmer gloves usb mittens usb mitts I love how it looks woven, but it’s actually just one, continuous piece of yarn. I THINK I JUST BLEW YOUR MIND. Anyhow, all this typing is stopping me from eating my soup! I must finish the cheese! K, bye!

没有评论:

发表评论