2011年1月9日星期日

So I got interested in tablets when my sister got an Apple ipad

Ok .. So I got interested in tablets when my sister got an Apple ipad. I admit I'm a gadget addict and 1/2 the fun is discovering new gadgets. My main reason for wanting a tablet is as an ebook reader ... epad android epad zenithink zt-180 tablet zenithink 10I mean why spend all that money on an ebook reader when you can spend the same or a little more and have a bunch of extra features and an ebook reader. So I first bought a Zenithink 10.2" android 2.1 tablet for about $200 in December 2010. It has a micro sd slot for up to 32 gb, a USB port and a mini USB for crossover to a PC or a USB ethernet dongle that was included with the purchase. It has 2gb internal storage ... part of it is used by apps and the operating system. There is a firmware flash utility and usb driver available from zenithink . The zenithink is stable and works well ... I tried all the apps and downloaded and installed several from the android market. The interface takes some getting used to and it was fairly simple to copy some non drm epub ebooks onto the micro sdhc card from my pc into the Nook/My Documents/ folder on the card and then read them using the Barnes and Noble Nook app for android. The zenithink differs from the ipad in several ways ... its a touch screen but not multi touch ... no bluetooth, no built in gps or phone or camera, but it does have usb and you can plug in a hub and use several devices .. flash drive, keyboard, mouse , cellular modem .. and it was $200 and not $600-800 like the ipad. Unfortunately after I had already purchased the Zenithink I found out about the Superpad by Wowpad .. and purchsed one of those also. A great video demonstration is on youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE2J9leO3EE The superpad has 2 micro sdhc slots, a built in ethernet port, 2 usb ports, a built in GPS with external antenna connection (antenna included), an HDMI port, a 1.3 megapixel camera and more navigation buttons. A car charger and earphones were included in the purchase. It was $230 with shipping. it runs great ... and I consider it much better than the ipad just for the ports and function that it has that the ipad doesn't. You can check out the superpad manual at http://www.onderka.com/wp-content/Manual-ZH10X2.pdf If you're think about getting a tablet you'll soon get tired of holding it and want a stand and a case to carry it around in .. for bout $12 you can get this 6 position stand that rotates 360 degrees and folds flat for storage at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049ZRUUK/ref=oss_product I got a couple of netbook cases with leather like exterior and foam linings that look great and they fit the epads and stands perfectly and have a side pocket for chargers etc. I paid $4 at amazon ... they run about $10 now http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Netbook-Inspiron-iM1012-687JGN-10-1... You can get the superpad with more features .. and more memory and with multi touch and phone modem installed etc for more money ..zt180 zenithink tablet zenithink epad but still hundreds less than ipad. At the end of the day ... any epad or ipad won't replace your pc or laptop, but its fun and its a more versatile as an ebook reader than the nook or the kindle.

没有评论:

发表评论